Digitize Your Documents and Streamline Your Workflow
Running your business on paper has become outdated and inefficient in today’s instant world. Scanning services transform your pile of documents into an organized archive of digital files. Going digital means you will no longer have to spend unnecessary time completing administrative tasks, searching for files, or having to print multiple copies for your team. Digital files can be searched and edited with a simple keyword search. You will be able to take your information anywhere, making it more accessible to remote employees as well. Your business will be able to achieve its goals faster than ever before.
Record Nations can help you convert documents, microfilm, maps, blueprints, and more. Our services simplify the scanning process to make the transition painless, compliant, and stress-free. Whether you would like to reduce your storage needs, increase accessibility to your data, or improve customer service, we are confident that we have a scanning solution for you. Our network of providers can help with scanning standard business documents to intricate compliance requirements across unique industries. Take a step toward a more secure, streamlined, and fully-digital solution today!
Scanning Services We Offer
Document Scanning Services
Create clear, consistent digital copies of your business documents with document scanning. Your files will be indexed and stored for quick retrieval and easy access.
Large Format Scanning Services
Convert oversized maps, drawings, and schematics with large format scanning. Improve accuracy and response time by allowing your team to access, edit, and share a single document.
Microfilm & Microfiche Scanning Services
We offer affordable conversion for microfiche and microfilm rolls. We accept 16 or 35-mm rolls in any format. Your information will be reformed into readable and searchable digital files.
Medical Records Scanning Services
Digital patient records improve patient care, doctor communication, and security. Maintain compliance and optimize your records system with scanning and an Electronic Medical Records System.
Legal Document Scanning Services
Digital conversion makes it easier to handle, transfer, and file all of your legal documents. You will be able to better protect your clients and have quick access to accurate, updated files.
Why Choose Record Nations
Get matched to a partner in 3-5 minutes. They will work with you to get a quote based on your specifications.
We have partners all over the United States and Canada.
Partnered with the Best
We are partnered with hundreds of partners nationwide providing you with the best, secure options in your area.
Why Use Our Document Scanning Services
Increase Efficiency & Improve Workflow
The documents and files that you scan can be integrated into digital workflows, streamlining business processes and reducing manual data entry and paperwork. This can lead to faster decision-making and improved customer service.
Enhance Security & Disaster Recovery
Scanned documents can be encrypted and backed up, enhancing data security and providing safeguards against physical document loss due to disasters like fire, floods, or theft. In addition, you can set up access controls to verify who can view which files.
Improve Accessibility & Collaboration
Digital documents can be accessed remotely, making it easier for employees to work from different locations or access important information while on the go. In addition, multiple employees can easily share and work on the same file at once.
Improve Document Retrieval
Scanned documents are indexed and can easily be searched and retrieved using keywords or metadeta. This eliminates the need for manual searching through paper files, saving time and improving productivity.
A Short Overview About Digitizing Services
How Do Document Scanning Services Work?
- Begin by assessing the type and volume of documents that you or your organization need to be professionally scanned. Categorize the documents, understand their importance, and identify any specific requirements such as document size, retention, quality, or security considerations.
- (866) 385-3706 or fill out the form to receive free quotes from scanning providers in your area. Choose the provider that best fits your needs and budget. Call Record Nations at
- Local service providers will contact you to discuss the scanning service. They will work with you to schedule a convenient time for document pickup or onsite scanning.
- The documents are professionally scanned and converted into high-quality digital files. During this process, the service provider will ensure that all documents are properly indexed and categorized for easy retrieval. After scanning, the digital files will be provided to you in the format of your choice.
- securely stored, or confidentially shredded. Once the scanning process is finished, the provider will work according to your agreement regarding the physical files. There are several options including having the documents returned to you,
Other Considerations for Digital Services
Optical Character Recognition (OCR)
Transform your documents into any format while making the files editable and searchable. OCR analyzes text in the documents and translates the information into readable text characters. This enables computers to interpret the data within documents, allowing you to search, edit, and store digital images. OCR helps increase business efficiency, accessibility, and more.
On-Site & Off-Site Scanning
Depending on the service provider, both options are commonly used for transforming documents into digital. On-site scanning digitizes the documents at your business making it a convenient and compliant option. Off-site will transport the documents off-site to perform the digitizing and then bring them back to you.
Digital Document Storage & Management
If your business does not already have a system in place, Record Nations can connect you with a cloud storage service or document management system (DMS). These services will boost your security and keep your digital documents organized. By shredding the old copies after implementing a digital storage service, you will be keeping your office space clear and free of risk.
See What Our Customers Are Saying
Document Scanning FAQs
How do your scanning services work?
- Contact Record Nations – Fill out the form or give us a call at (866) 385-3706 to get the process started
- Receiving A Scanning Project Estimate – We will find the best partner for you depending on your project scope, location, and other criteria. Our partner(s) will reach out and provide their pricing estimate to you directly.
- Selecting & Scheduling – After selecting the right option for your business and project, it is time to schedule your service with the provider.
- Preparing the Documents – It is time to gather all of the documents needed for your project. This is also a great opportunity to remove any unnecessary binding or restricting material so the project can move quicker and easier
- Scanning & Completion – Your scanning time has arrived and the process is now completed. The next steps are to consider storage options, document destruction, and ongoing scanning (day-forward scanning)
How much do scanning services cost?
On average, it will cost around 7-12 cents per page. The price will vary on the type of document, size of your project, the complexity, any features you add on, and if you would like to implement any of our storage options.
How secure are your scanning services?
Security level will vary depending on the type of document you need to be scanned, but our service providers prioritize confidentiality and integrity. They are all compliant with state and federal privacy law, such as HIPAA, HITECH, FACTA, and more, and have physical security, restricted access, and encryption, and can securely destroy your documents after scanning if needed.
What types of documents can I scan?
Almost any type of document can be scanned, including paper documents, photographs, slides, medical records, legal documents, financial records, blueprints, and more. We can handle any size, shape, and format you have.
How do I need to prepare my documents for scanning?
In general, documents should be organized in the way you want to index your files digitally and free from any debris or damage. You should also remove staples, paperclips, rubber bands, and other bindings so the scanning process can run smoothly and efficiently.
How long does a scanning service take?
The timing of your scanning project can vary depending on the complexity, quantity, and any specific requests (indexing, redacting, etc.). When you are connected with a provider, they will be able to give you a more in-depth timeline.
How can I edit a scanned document?
When you request for OCR scanning, your documents will be converted to machine-encoded text that can be edited through a PDF.
How does indexing work?
Document indexing is when you associate or tag documents with different “search terms.” You will be able to easily search for files using the keywords of your choice. Some examples you can index by are case number, dates, patients’ names, invoice number, order numbers, addresses, and more.
Documents to Consider Scanning
Our partners can help scan any type of document, here are some of the most common:
- Patient Records
- Insurance Forms
- Lab Reports
- Consent Forms
- Legal Contracts
- Court Documents
- Bank Statements
- Tax Returns
- Financial Statements
- Expense Reports
- Real Estate
- Property Deeds
- Lease Agreements
- Mortgage Documents
- Inspection Reports
- Property Surveys
- Student Records
- Lesson Plans
- Research Papers
- Accreditation Documents
- Official Reports
- Public Records
- Budget Documents
- Grant Proposals
- Donation Records
- Nonprofit Bylaws
- Fundraising Reports
- Impact Assessments
- Building Plans
- Inspection Reports
- Safety Certificates
- Reservation Records
- Guest Lists
- Employee Schedules
- Menu Plans
- Production Schedules
- Quality Control Reports
- Inventory Lists
- Equipment Manuals
- Safety Certifications
- Software Licenses
- Technical Manuals
- Project Plans
- Patent Documents
- Security Protocols
- Sales Receipts
- Inventory Records
- Purchase Orders
- Employee Schedules
- Marketing Plans