Pricing and cost of document storage vary based on a number of factors, the most basic of these charges is by the number of boxes you need to store.
Typically, paper records storage costs anywhere from 50–95 cents per box, per month.
There are also several other factors that may increase the cost of storage per month.
Storage Services That May Be an Additional Charge
Some of the additional services that you can consider for your document storage that may be add an additional fee include:
- Document preparation (removing staples, paper clips, tape, etc)
- If you have double-sided documents
- Indexing your boxes or documents for easy retrieval and tracking
- Additional security measures to make sure classified or critical documents are secure
- Various types of retrieval options to fit with your business needs, including emergency retrieval, next-day retrieval, regularly scheduled retrieval, and more.
- Pickup services for documents that might need to be archived regularly
- Consulting services
- Access to your documents whenever you need it
- Storing and retrieval of backup systems for your business (tape rotation and vaulting)
- Proper, secure document disposal when files or records have passed their necessary document retention times.
Ask the Right Questions for Your Records Storage Project
Be sure to ask what services are provided before finalizing your monthly storage fee. Here’s some of the questions we recommend asking:
- Do you have a bar-code inventory control system to keep track of my documents?
- Where will my documents be located?
- Who will have access to my documents?
- How fast are you able to locate and deliver my documents?
- Are there emergency retrieval services available?
- Are you able to provide a written contract?
Get Free Quotes on Your Records Storage Project Today!
Record Nations offers secure records storage throughout the country. Our contractors can store your records quickly, easily and securely.
To get free quotes and figure out your cost of document storage in just minutes, fill out the form or give us a call at (866) 385-3706. We’re here to help you choose the right management service for your business.