Pricing and cost of document storage vary based on a number of factors, the most basic of these charges is by the number of boxes you need to store.
Typically, paper records storage costs anywhere from 50–95 cents per box, per month.
The low end of 50 cents tends to represent large projects, with the high end of 95 cents for smaller storage projects. However, the number of boxes is not the only factor that goes into the pricing decision.
Storage Services That Change the Costs of Records Storage
Some of the additional document storage services that can add an additional fee include:
- Document preparation (removing staples, paper clips, tape, etc)
- Double-sided documents
- Indexing your boxes or documents for easy retrieval and tracking
- Additional security measures to make sure classified or critical documents are secure
- Various types of retrieval options to fit with your business needs, including emergency retrieval, next-day retrieval, regularly scheduled retrieval, and more.
- Pickup services for documents that might need to be archived regularly
- Consulting services
- Access to your documents whenever you need it
- Storing and retrieval of backup systems for your business (tape rotation and vaulting)
- Proper, secure document disposal when files or records have passed their necessary document retention times.
Determining which services you need will depend on your business and industry. For companies that need access to their records on a regular basis for auditing, compliance, or legal reasons will benefit from the full package of services offered. However, for businesses who don’t foresee a regular need to access their documents, a more basic package works well and saves you money.
Ask the Right Questions for Your Records Storage Project
Be sure to ask what services are provided before finalizing your monthly storage fee. Here’s some of the questions we recommend asking:
- Do you have a bar-code inventory control system to keep track of my documents?
- Where will my documents be located?
- Who will have access to my documents?
- How fast are you able to locate and deliver my documents?
- Are there emergency retrieval services available?
- Are you able to provide a written contract?
Find Out The Cost of Your Document Storage Project Today!
Record Nations offers secure records storage throughout the country. Our partners can store your records quickly, easily, securely, and in compliance with your industry’s regulations and standards.
To figure out your cost of document storage in just minutes, fill out the form or give us a call at (866) 385-3706. We’ll connect you to a provider in your area who can assist you in your records storage project whenever you’re ready.