Before starting a scanning project, it is imperative to estimate how much time and resources your company will need throughout the job.
First, you must understand the scope of your project in order to get a good estimate of the time it will take to complete your scanning project. To gauge the size of the project, you should first consider a few different pricing factors.
Watch this video for tips on how to estimate the size of the project and how to optimize your planning to make the process flow as smooth as possible.
Questions to Ask Yourself
1. How Many Pages Do You Have to Scan?
One way to tell how much paperwork you have is to count the number of boxes that you would like to be scanned.
2. Are Your Pages Single-Sided or Double-Sided?
Double-sided paperwork adds more complexity to the project. Double-sided pages are actually two pages to scan which, therefore, doubles the cost.
3. How Much Prep-Work Is Involved?
How much of the paperwork has staples and paperclips that need to be removed? Do the documents need reorganizing in order to be scan properly?
4. How Do You Want to Index the Documents?
How will you organize the documents in the system once you scan them? Who will have access to certain documents and who won’t? These are good questions to answer before contacting a scanning professional or estimating the scope.
5. Do You Have a DMS to House the Documents?
Document management systems are a great way to organize and access your documents. Do research to pick the right DMS for your business.
Figuring out the scope of your project is just one thing when it comes to bulk scanning projects. A typical scanning project for an average size business can take a couple of weeks. However, that depends on all the variables.
How To Estimate Your Scanning Project
Record Nations Can Help Find the Right Solution For You
Scanning service professionals have extensive experience in helping businesses of all sizes migrate to a paperless office or digital filing system. They use proven methods combined with the latest scanning software and equipment. Furthermore, this helps create a very useful document management system that will change the way you do business.
Record Nations offers a full-service experience to help you manage your documents. Let a professional, secure company and staff take the hassle out of your records scanning project.
From organizing your files to be scanned to choosing the right electronic document management system for your business. Let us guide you through the process to the right solution.
Record Nations has the manpower to quickly perform the indexing, scanning, and post-production work, which includes conversion to text via optical character recognition (OCR) software. This allows you to edit the documents, or even redact private information to protect your patients or clients.
Our Other Scanning Services Include:
Document Scanning Services for Any Industry
Our expertise bridges a variety of industries, including, but not limited to:
- Legal Offices, Practices, and Departments — We can help ensure that the chain of custody isn’t broken- we also offer onsite scanning at the offices of your client, or opposing counsel to speed up the process.
- Healthcare, Private Practices, Hospitals, and Insurance Companies — Record Nations can help digitize your medical records and even help you migrate them to and electronic health records, or EHR system.
- Human Resources Offices — From mandatory paperwork required by state or federal regulations to performance reviews and medical information, your personnel files can take up space in your filing cabinets quickly.
- Construction, Manufacturing, and Real Estate — If you handle multiple projects and a significant amount of paperwork every day, We can help you with any size or any type of scanning for blueprints, drawings, and maps.
- Government Agencies and Departments — Documents maintained by government entities need to be in strict compliance and require solid security measures to ensure their systems aren’t compromised.
- Financial Institutions, Financial Planners, and the Financial Industry — Efficiency and productivity are two of the most critical aspects of financial planning and financial management.
- Educational Sector (Colleges, Schools, Admissions) — Companies in the Educational Sector are looking for more ways to streamline and improve efficiency for and access to admissions, student records, and financial aid processes.
Get a Free No-Hassle Quote on Document Scanning Today
We’ll help you find the document scanning service that works for your business and then help you through every step of the process. To get started, fill out the form to the right, or give us a call at (866) 385-3706. We’ll get back to you as quickly as we can.