Increasing Data Security and Efficiency with a Document Management System
In today’s digital world, it’s more important than ever to have a reliable system for managing your documents. A document management system (DMS) can help you organize, store, and access your documents from anywhere, at any time.
Businesses must pay close attention to their records management process to maintain compliance and properly manage contracts, legal filings, personnel files, and marketing materials. An effective DMS protects your company with data organization, transaction records, and increased productivity.
Record Nations helps businesses build a reliable document management system, giving you better control over your business documents and providing structured organization for your digital files. You will be able to automate workflow, streamline your operations, and improve data protection with our software.
Types of DMS Systems and Factors to Consider
DMS services are available in several different formats. Record Nations offers the following systems:
• Web Based Systems
• Cloud Based Systems
• Client-Server Systems
• Database Packages
Not all document management systems are right for every business. Choosing the right system is critical to its success within your company. Factors to consider when selecting your system are:
• Whether you provide services or sell products
• Whether you are local, regional, or nationwide
• Whether or not you will benefit from remote access to your documents
• The size of your business
• The security requirements of your industry, and more
See What Our Customers Are Saying
What kind of features does a DMS offer?
How does a DMS service work?
1. Contact Record Nations at (866) 385-3706 or fill out the form to start receiving free quotes on a DMS service from providers in your area.
2. Choose the provider that best fits your budget and requirements.
3. If you need scanning, your service provider will pick your documents up and scan them for you.
4. Your service provider will implement your scanned documents into your new DMS. They will be indexed and organized in the way you choose. If you already have an existing system, they will help you integrate your documents to your new system.
5. Stay informed about updates and new feautres provided by the service provider. Regularly update the system and perform maintenance tasks to ensure optimal performance.
What types of documents can be managed in the system?
You can manage any type of document you can scan in your DMS. From regular paper documents to blueprints to historical documents. You can scan, edit, and manage any type of document you need.
Is the DMS cloud-based or on-premises?
The type of DMS you choose will be based on your needs. We offer both cloud-based and on-premise options.
How secure is a DMS?
A DMA offers a variety of security features. To protect from internal threat, you can enable access controls. To protect from external threats, you can enable encryption and fire-walls. In addition, our service providers follow all state and federal privacy regulations.
Can the DMS assist with document retention and disposal policies?
Yes. You can index your files based on retention date and your DMS will automatically erase the file when the retention period is up. However, to fully protect your data, once your device is past its useful life, use hard drive destruction services. These will ensure the data is completely unrecoverable.
How much does a DMS cost?
The price of your DMS project will depend on several factors including if you need to scan your documents, integration with an old system, security features, and more. Your service provider will be able to provide you with an accurate price after you tell them your needs.
Accessibility Anywhere, Anytime
A document management system allows companies and their employees to access any of the data they need from anywhere with an internet connection. Your team members will be able to collaborate on projects and track updates.
A DMS combines multiple features to provide maximum security from both external, physical, and internal threats. With high level encryption protocols, accessibility and version controls, and backups, your data will be protected at all times.