Hiring a document scanning services company should be a critical part of your digital document migration plan. Our document scanning services include document imaging to convert files that can be indexed and sorted or document conversion.
How Record Nations Omaha’s Document Scanning Services Work
It’s important to hire a document scanning service that offers accurate, high quality, consistent images and files for your scanning project.
We handle all different types and sizes of documents, drawings, schematics, or any large format. No matter the circumstances, we offer mobile scanning services. This is a great solution for those who have sensitive documents to scan or don’t want to leave your office.
Here are the steps we take to ensure your business has an efficient and throughout approach to scanning and indexing your files:
- First, we remove bindings to prepare them for scanning.
- Then, we determine how many single or double-sided documents you need to scan. This factors into the price of the project.
- From there, you have an option to index every page or complete documents to make them easier to find.
- We also offer OCR services if you would like to have documents converted to editable text that can be modified and changed later.
- Once the document conversion is complete, we’ll deliver your new digital files on the medium that you choose- CDs, DVDs, or even to a Cloud Storage Service.
If you have your files in standard bankers boxes (12.5′”W x 15.5′”D x 10.5′”H), you can fit 2,000 to 2,500 sheets of paper in each box depending on the thickness of the paper and file folders you have. Large file boxes (15′”W x 24′”D x 10.5′”H) can hold 4000 to 4500 sheets of paper.
You can also estimate the number of pages/boxes you have on a shelf. On average, you can figure that you’ll have around 150 to 200 sheets per inch of space on your shelf or in your cabinet.
If your documents are packed loosely, you need one standard banker’s box for every 13” to 16” of space on your shelves. If you can’t fit one more piece of paper on your shelf, you should need one standard banker’s box for every 10” to 12” of space.
Although this is an approximate number, it will give you an idea of about how many boxes you have and how many sheets you need to scan.
What Does it Cost to Do Document Scanning In Omaha?
Document scanning companies usually charge by the page for their services. Mmost prices range from 7-12 cents per page. However, this depends on where you’re located, volume, and who you select for your project. It’s also important to think about what to do with the documents after being scanned. However, Record Nations will help you through this process in determining what option is best for you.
The quote varies for several things:
- What timeframe are you looking for to start and complete the project?
- Do you know how many pages do you need to scan, and if they’re double-sided?
- Are you looking for a certain type of scanning? (OCR, redaction, indexed, non-indexed)?
- Are there any specific requirements you have to interface with your current systems?
These are just a few of the questions our experts ask when you contact us to make sure you get the service you need. An important part of getting the best quote for your project is knowing an approximate number of boxes you may have. This helps us provide you with the most accurate quote for your project.
Contact us for a FREE Quote on Document Scanning Services in Omaha today!
Record Nations Omaha has over 10 years of experience in document scanning and document management. Fill out the form, or give us a call at (402) 216-0627 to start today.
Within minutes, you will receive free, non-obligatory quotes to help you select the contractor that fits your situation.
Our normal operating hours are Monday-Friday from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM and Saturday from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM